Category Archives: Kickstarter

FDM 3D Printing Wargaming Terrain Slicer Settings

These are the settings I use for printing the wargaming terrain we sell. These work on our Prusa Mk3S printers and may require tweaking when applied to other printers – take them as a starting point. I find that 0.2mm layer height works as a good compromise between speed and quality, where if you want […]

Stone Town Kickstarter Suggested Printing Settings

This relates to our Kickstarter, and covers both PrusaSlicer and Cura approaches to printing the objects without supports. I’d strongly suggest using PrusaSlicer (which works with machines other than Prusas, including Enders) given the added convenience of the ability to choose the bridging angle as you’ll see below. By default, most slicers seem to use […]

Stone Town Kickstarter Painting Update #4

This one was super quick: Stone: Undercoat: Vallejo Mecha Black Base Coat: Citadel Morghast Bone Pigment: Scale75 Soilworks Dark Earth SPG-10 That’s it. It’s a very speedy way of getting something tabletop ready in short order. The door was painted with the same colours as the gangway. Speaking of the gangway:

Stone Town Kickstarter: Painting the ruined level and accessories

Managed to get a couple of things painted today from the stone town Kickstarter – the undamaged flooring, the ruined level, the table and the wardrobe. It proved a lot easier to show what the accessories looked like on the damaged level than the solid one, so let’s just pretend someone put them there after […]

Stone Town Kickstarter: Painting the gangway

If you have been following along you’ll know we have an active Kickstarter for some cut stone terrain. The gangway is part of that set and is designed to go between two of the buildings – here’s my take on painting it: Paints used: Undercoat: Vallejo Mecha Black Base coat for stone ends: Morghast Bone […]

Stone Town Kickstarter: Painting the well

Today I’m looking at the well which is part of our January Kickstarter. Assembled it looks like this – I painted it in pieces, however: The paint recipe I used was this – all with a brush, no airbrush used this time around: Undercoat: Vallejo Mecha Black Well base coat: Zandri Dust Well recesses: Aggaros […]