This guy appears in the Winter 1990 and the 1991 catalogues along with two other Marines with Terminator Honours (both just with a bolter).
The tab says Terminator on the front. Not sure if the back has been filed down or what happened there but both copies of this mini I have found have a blank back.
First attempt at painting:
- Undercoat: Vallejo Mecha Black
- Blue: Scale75 Artist Light Ultramarine built up to Cobalt Blue, then Primary Blue
- Red: Scale75 Artist Crimson then Primary Red highlighted by a mix of Primary Red and Orange
- Silver: Scale75 Black Metal, washed with Instant Shadow Black, followed by Heavy Metal and highlighted with Speed Metal
- Gold: Necro Gold, washed with Guilliman Flesh, then Elven Gold, then Peridot Alchemy mixed with Citrine Alchemy, highlighted with Citrine Alchemy
- White hair: Scale75 Artist White, washed with Instant Golem Grey, highlight White
- Eyes: Scale75 Artist White, iris attempt Primary Blue, pupil Black
- Flesh: Scale75 Light Skin, wash Guilliman Flesh, highlight Light Skin
- Leather: Burnt Sienna Umber highlighted with a mix of that and Pale Flesh
- Varnish: Vallejo Mecha Gloss under Matt
I still haven’t quite put on enough matte varnish to overcome the gloss as I really wasn’t a fan of the gloss look on the Marine armour. This particular miniature also had a lot of areas of poor casting – the detail on the back of the power glove is pretty vague and there seems to be some chunky flash still attached to his left shoulderpad. Possibly recast, possibly just a dodgy cast… hard to say!